Some Steam games may leave you unsatisfied, so you need to refund the game. You should know that you can only get a refund for games with less than 2 hours of game time. This is acceptable, as Steam offers a reliable refund option for gamers who want to go this route.
Steam users can refund games by visiting their profile and viewing their purchase history. Then you can click a game you bought in the last few weeks and has less than 2 hours of game time. Then you can see the option to refund and choose the payment method to which it will send the money.
Method – How to refund a game on Steam
- Open Steam.
- Click “Account details” on your profile in the top right.
- Press “View purchase history.”
- Click a game you purchased.
- Click “I would like a refund.”
- Press “I’d like to request a refund.”
- Choose the payment method to send the refund to.
- Finally, confirm the refund request.
- Wait for Valve to confirm the refund
- Where does Steam refund money go?
- How to refund a game on Steam
- How to buy or gift a game on Steam
- How to receive a gift on Steam
- How to optimally download a game
Where does Steam refund money go?
Sometimes you may feel the need to refund a game on Steam. This could be due to dissatisfaction or unhappiness with the purchase or hatred towards a particular game. Steam has a few restrictions for refunding games; you cannot get a refund if you have played past two hours of game time on a specific game, and you can only refund a game within 14 days of purchase. You may ask, “If I refund a game, where does the money go?” The answer to the title is whichever payment method you request. When you request a refund, you will usually see two payment options, the first being your Steam wallet and the other being the payment method you purchased the game with. After choosing the payment method, wait for Steam to confirm or deny the refund; it will appear in your account within the next few days.
How to refund a game on Steam
I will also show you how to refund a game on Steam if you are unsure where to go. It is a straightforward process that can only work on games that have been purchased in the last 14 days and have less than 2 hours of playtime on your account.
- First, open Steam and press your account icon in the top right. Then click “Account details.”
- Find the “View purchase history” option, which will show all recent purchases on your account.
- Look for the game you want to refund and press it.
- You will see many options for Steam support; click “I would like a refund.” You should note that if a game was bought on sale, you could only request a refund for that price instead of the total amount.
Finalize the option by pressing “I’d like to request a refund.”
- Next, choose the refund method; this is where the money will be refunded.
- Finally, you can look over what you are refunding. You can choose a refund option, then press “Submit request” to request a refund.
You will then have to wait a few days to hear back from Steam. You should receive an email when they accept or deny the request, and then it will take a few working days to go into your funds.
If you decide to refund a game on Steam, you should know there is a small time frame to do it. You only have 14 days to request a refund, and the game cannot be played for more than 2 hours. If you request a refund, you may wonder where the money will go, but you can choose the refund method, which will go to either the Steam wallet or your card.